[Trombone-l] Slide "throw-and-catch"

Wayne Dyess texastbone at gt.rr.com
Sat Oct 30 08:14:17 CDT 2010

He was as fine a player as you can imagine.  He was in his 70s when I took lessons from him.  He talked about his days in New York with Toscanini, and of course had been principal trombonist with the Houston Symphony.  When I took lessons from him, I was a doctoral student at the University of Houston, and he had a 10 year old child.

Interesting fella, Mr. Lube.  Fine teacher, too!

Wayne