[Trombone-l] For all trombonists everywhere

emrose79@sonic.net emrose79 at sonic.net
Sat May 31 13:29:24 CDT 2008

Geez Wayne... I had trouble getting past rule #1..

I realize that this is tongue-in-cheek, but some make sense.

#5: I've always felt that if everyone incorrectly plays a note short,
then you are wrong to insist on playing it long (by yourself)

#8: If everyone but you skipped two measures,  then maybe you should
catch up (which probably comes under the heading of "listen")

#13: My pet peeve...  why do players (even pro or quasi-pro) insist on
playing 1 or 2 measures after the conductor stops? and then start to
practice a phrase while the conductor is talking to the group?

Ed