[Trombone-l] Asimo conducts Detroit

Dennis Clason dclason at nmsu.edu
Fri May 30 10:34:11 CDT 2008

Actually, with the Vivace technology there is no reason this couldn't be
done.  The robotic accompanist follows the soloist quite well.  Adding
monitoring subroutines that react to what's happening in the orchestra
shouldn't be overwhelming.

Of course, whether the robot conductor (I've played for too many of
those already!) could execute the code in real time is a different
matter entirely.

Mandatory Trombone Content:  Monitoring routine #1 --> Always hold the
palm of the left hand at the trombone section.

Dennis

--
--
Dennis L. Clason, Ph.D.