[Trombone-l] Asimo conducts Detroit

Stroeher, Michael Stroeher at marshall.edu
Thu May 29 12:16:57 CDT 2008

I've known human conductors like this, too.

--
Michael Stroeher
Professor of Low Brass

If tis is your first exposure to this gimmick, you haven't read that the
robot's moves are copied from the orchestra's assistant conductor
leading the piece at a rehearsal months earlier.  The robot cannot
respond to anything going on around it.  It is, in other words, a
walking, talking version of the same type of robotic arms that have been
building cars on assembly lines for years.  I'm not impressed.

Raymond Horton