[Trombone-l] Motivational advice for a growing trombone player

Jason Smith jbone72 at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 13:42:37 CDT 2008

I think it is always good to have a goal in mind with
every practice session, short term and long term.
short term goals can be as minute as individual
meseures in music or exercises.  long term can be as
simple as a solo performance, recitle or those dreaded
juries.  just to watch the clock to say you practiced
3-4 hours is futile.  You could practice the same
mistakes 3-4 hours a day and all you would do is get
better at the mistake.  I hope this help somebody.

the amazing know it all
Jason Smith