[Trombone-l] E'NJ recording

Jeff Thompson 7cuh-asb6 at spamex.com
Wed May 14 14:59:30 CDT 2008

Jazz trombonists Eijiro Nakagawa and Jim Pugh have released their third recording. Its titled Just Us. I found it on the Amazon web site. Recorded in September of 2006, it also has Jay Leonhart or John Patitucci on bass, John Riley on drums and Andy Ezrin on piano. All the songs are originals by members of the group. Three by Nakagawa, three by Pugh,  one by Leonhart, one by Riley and one by Ezrin. There is also a tune by Makoto Ozone who was a special guest with the group at a gig at the Blue Note club in New York City during the 2006 IAJE conference. I was fortunate enough to be in the audience at that performance. The CD is on E'nJ Records. The catalog # is ENJ-06112. My copy cost me $17.98 from Amazon, not including shipping.

FYI,
Jeff Thompson