[Trombone-l] Peter Moore

Steve Gamble sgamble at tucsonsymphony.org
Tue May 13 15:57:47 CDT 2008

Hi All,

Pay special attention to the EFFORTLESS part of his playing.  I'm sure
this kid is already way better of a player than I am, but it's still
trying to make my next step effortless that allows me to continue to
improve.  The thing that hangs most players up is trying to improve
faster than they really can.  Go at your own pace.  It's very old advice
that has been ignored by everyone at some point in their development.
Don't go on until the little challenge is completely conquered; that
means perfect.  Judging by the frequency of 'makes-it-look-so-easy'
comments about great players, EASY must be considered an important part
of PERFECT.  If you move on before it's easy, you're just practicing
making it difficult.  Playing the trombone is as easy as you want it to
be.

Steve Gamble, Librarian
Tucson Symphony Orchestra
2175 N. 6th Ave.