[Trombone-l] Peter Moore

George Butler georgebutler2003 at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 14:51:29 CDT 2008

Greg, You're going home to practice now?  Good for you!  I'm going home to list all of my trombones on eBay!  [Ha, Ha!]

  Good for Peter !  He's got it figured out at such a young age.  So effortless!  When I was twelve, I was still trying to..., oh, never mind.

  Peter's parents are brass band musicians.  They all seem so positive.  Mum says that Peter works hard.  I wonder if Peter sees it as hard work, or just fun?  He sure makes it sound like it's fun.  It'll be interesting to follow his development and career.

  We know that Alessi, Watrous, and Van Dyck are the children of brass-playing dads.  Surely growing up with that all around them was a big factor in their development.

  But, then along comes someone like Lindberg, who only started playing at age seventeen.  Two years later, he has an orchestra job.  Where does that come from?  Did he grow up listening to his brother practice?  (That would be Jakob, the world-class lutenist.)  So, why didn't Christian go in that direction?  Why the trombone?

  It's all an interesting mystery, isn't it?

  George Butler
  Tallinn, Estonia

Greg Jones <conductorjonz at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Thanks for posting this! I'm going home to practice now!

Greg

Greg Jones
conductorjonz at sbcglobal.net