[Trombone-l] Maynard's estate

Chris Tune christune at christune.com
Sat May 10 23:29:10 CDT 2008

I'd sure like to see a trombone with proven provenance (is that
alliteration. . .or uber-alliteration?) to Tommy Dorsey.  I think I've seen
that on the web once.

I understand from persons who worked the TD band, that he had a number of
Gold Plated King 2B horns.

My 2B is now looking a lot more like TD's since the counter weight is gone.
I had Chris Gonzales take the weight on the slide way down by basically
doing the same things to it that you would see on a Jiggs Whigham horn (over
sleeves off, lighter water key). Still plays great.