[Trombone-l] Maynard's estate

Chris Tune christune at christune.com
Sat May 10 14:53:39 CDT 2008

I played Don Ellis' one and at least one other owned by other, lesser known
brassmen. . .and the horn is not that great. It is really pretty stuffy and
the slide trombone part is not nearly as good as a regular tenor horn.
Personally, I would think having either a decent bass trumpet, or a decent
valve trombone would be the better option.  Just bring more trombone stands,
and put your valve instrument(s) on those.

Might be neat to say this was owned by Maynard. .

I just talked to Alan Kaplan about some of his current gigs. . .he has
situations where he needs to have bass trombone and tenor playing in a
continuous live performance situation.  Also he needs lately to have his
tuba available.  He is being asked to play everything.  That is the working
bonist's situation apparently.

Chris