[Trombone-l] Henry Brant obit

emrose79@sonic.net emrose79 at sonic.net
Thu May 1 12:51:22 CDT 2008

Bay Bones played it (again?) some time later in the early '80s for the
American Guild of Organists, at St Mary's Cathedral. It was not well
received, with one member of the audience (presumably a professional
organist) walking up to Henry and throwing his program at him before
walking out. I was in one of the choirs in the balcony, which really
made the piece a lot worse. To me (and I have to admit that I don't like
that kind of music) the piece sounded like he was just stringing
trombone effects together... "let's see, what kind I have them do next???"

(maybe the guy just didn't want the program to go to waste, so he was
giving it back before he had to leave for a gig)

Ed