[Trombone-l] Trombones Inc is back!!!

Phil Burton gtfphil at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 07:59:14 CDT 2007

I know that many of you on the Trombone list have wanted this
album for many years, and now is your  chance to own this legendary piece of trombone history.

The other day, I came upon an advertisement for Trombones Inc. The add featured Bob Brookmeyer,  and Jimmy Cleveland, who were on the
original, but there was no mention of Frank Rosolino, who basically
owned the 2nd side, and it had a different album art cover than the
original,.  I was suspicious, but decided to take a chance.  I received it yesterday in the mail.  It is legit...

I have the original LP, well worn out, with lots of scratches etc.  This is a pretty good reissue of the
original.  I suspect the quality may not up to what the LP was when it
was new, (but then my ears are not what they were in 1959 when I
bought my copy)  but still it is a treasure for any trombonist.  They also included the original album liner notes, with listings of personnel and soloists.  As an
added bonus, it includes a track that is not on the original LP.

Here is the link, and if you search for Trombones Inc. it will
come up, and it is like 14 bucks or something like that, one hell of a
bargain.

http://www.jazzloft.com

They are based in the Seattle Area, and take all the major credit cards, and PayPal.

Phil