[Trombone-l] Eb crook for bass bone

John Burton John.Burton at JohnBurton.org
Sat Jan 21 20:30:12 CST 2006

Thank you, Dave.

I appreciated the technical, complete, yet not condescending answer.  I
suspect what was making my head swim was how the heck you could get the
same note out of tubing of different lengths. And all it was me looking
at one of those Bb/F/E horns and wondering how that tiny stub could make
so much difference to make THAT horn play the same notes as my
Bb/F/Gb/D.  It just didn't make sense!

Thank you for the kind explanation.  I appreciate it.

john burton
Bach 50B3
Bass Trombone, Charleston NeoPhonic Orchestra
South Charleston, West Virginia