[Trombone-l] Another weird question

Steve Gamble sgamble at tucsonsymphony.org
Fri Oct 14 13:04:53 CDT 2005

There was a fellow in Chicago back in the 80's (I think) who built what
you are describing.  It was difficult to hold for any length of time.
So he built a 'stick' to rest it on.  I can't remember his name (my
lousy memory strikes again), but he was notorious for doing this sort of
thing.  I'm sure some Chicago lister would know who I'm talking about.
So that would be the thing to consider, weight distribution.  I'm sure
that's why the cimbasso is built the way it is.

Steve Gamble, Librarian
Tucson Symphony Orchestra
2175 N. 6th Ave.
Tucson, AZ  85705