[Trombone-l] Good Luck

Bill Dinwiddie billdin at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 10:30:11 CST 2005

Chris wrote:

"My former trombone student, Denis Jiron, has a group here in LA called
"Rumbankete".  This group is doing remarkeably well in the Salsa Band
circuit around Hollywood, LA and the San Fernando Valley.  His band is
gathering a devoted following at least in part because the SOUND of the
group is unique.  This sound emphasizes the three trombone section with the
addition of a couple of other horns and, of course, an excellent rhythm
section.  I look forward to hearing more from this group.  Denis is
justifiably proud of his group.  I'm proud of Denis.  He's a deserving guy,
with good playing and a business-like, yet truly artistic approach to music.
I'm hoping his success holds and expands.   And I'm thrilled that the bones
are getting featured."

Best of luck to Denis and the band. I look forward to hearing them. Any CDs
yet?
I agree with Chris. It would be great to see some trombone oriented bands
gain public
acceptance in the main stream of pop music as well as jazz. Is this really
possible today?
Listening to radio pop stations is very boring to
me...guitar...guitar...guitar...guitar...
guitar...bass...guitar...guitar...sax....guitar...guitar...guitar...drums...guitar...guitar...

Maybe they are ready for a different sound!

Bill Dinwiddie
billdin at comcast.net