[Trombone-l] Down Home

Bruce Faske befaske at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 21:42:16 CST 2005

A few years ago I played in the Nelson Riddle Big  Band that his son, Chris was touring with.  He travelled with a  skeleton crew, and he was one of the nicest guys I'd ever played a gig  for.  Filled with stories about his dad, and he seemed to have a  genuine love for Nelson's body of work, with a real drive to get his  music out there to another generation of listeners.  It was my  first paying gig, and I think half of the reason I got through it was  because he was so nice to everybody, especially the bones....

  -Bruce

Bill Dinwiddie <billdin at comcast.net> wrote:  Denny said:

"I will never forget that evening as he was so very kind to an older
gentleman who
grew-up and lived in Springfield, OH and that was Basie & Ellington alto sax
great, Earle Warren."

I have always thought that Tony is a very "down-home" cat. Who are some
other

down-home people our members have played. Conversely, who are the real
stinkers?

Bill Dinwiddie