[Trombone-l] No Bands

Charles De Paolo chuck at hickeys.com
Tue Nov 29 13:12:02 CST 2005

>> If the music matters to the people in charge, there is ALWAYS enough
>> money somewhere to make it happen.

And if [live] music matters to the audience, the problem is solved.  The real issue at hand is getting those who buy the tickets to demand live music, and make noise when a recording is used instead.  The work action at Radio City Music Hall recently was big news around the country, and it had the effect of making those who heard the story consider their own position, even if for a nanosecond.  We need more issues like this to hit the news. People have to demand that they not be ripped off when a tape is used to supplant live musicians.

---Chuck