[Trombone-l] Practice routine for "casual" player

Adrian Drover slide.rule at adios.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 07:14:27 CST 2005

> From: Charles Levine
>
> What (and how long) do you practice to stay in "minimal"  playing shape?
> (I know....the "pros" practice hours daily)

I have to confess that I rarely practice at all.  I have a ten minute warm
up covering a 4 and a half octave range gradually expanding from 2nd line Bb
that I do before gigs or rehearsals.  Even with long lay offs it seems to
get my chops back into good shape.  I don't recommend this if playing is
your first love.  Mine is arranging and composing.

A.