[Trombone-l] Duo Gravis modification

John Burton John.Burton at JohnBurton.org
Sat Nov 26 07:58:34 CST 2005

While I can't talk directly to a Dou Gravis, I *CAN* talk with first
hand experience about Dan Oberloh's work.

My 50B3 fell off its stand last summer, whanking up BOTH rotors.  I sent
it to Dan to get re-aligned (or whatever it is that repairmen do to
not-so-well rotating rotors).  He called me and suggested that I get the
linkage re-done as well, since the linkage on my 1960's vintage axe was
getting a bit worn.

Long story short, Dan did an EXCELLENT job of re-linkaging (is that a
word?) my horn.  It's easier to play, and looks better too!

Touch base with Dan at http://www.oberloh.com.  They get highest
recommendation I can give!

john burton
Bach 50B3
Bass Trombone, Charleston NeoPhonic Orchestra
South Charleston, West Virginia