[Trombone-l] Duo Gravis modification

stjones at umbc.edu stjones at umbc.edu
Fri Nov 25 16:00:40 CST 2005

Today I becamse the proud owner of a Duo Gravis.  I was completely amazed
by the horn.  I don't think I've ever played such an open horn, tenor or
bass.

The valves are also excellent, functionally, but the way the paddles
controlling them  is set up is very difficult to use.  I know I"m not the
first person to face this.  Anyone have any pictures or descriptions of
what they've done to make the set up easier to use?  I have a Greenhoe
brace on the way, which I hope will help.  I have normal to small hands.
I'm going to have Todd Klontz take a look at it and make some suggestions.

Thank you.

Stephen