[Trombone-l] Bob Enevoldson passes

Denny Seifried ddsbstrb at woh.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 18:44:32 CST 2005

List members,

With a very sad heart, I just read a post, by Mike Suter, over on the Online
Trombone Journal Forum, that we lost another giant of the trombone, last
evening and that was LA session great, valve trombonist, Bob Enevoldson, at
the age of 85. According to Mike, Bob has been in failing health, for the
past several years; however, he still was an active musician, especially
with the Bill Holman Big Band.

Over the years, Bob has always been one of my favorite trombonist (valve or
slide) and I first started listening to Bob, when I started listening to
jazz back around 1955. Bob was on a ton of 1950's and 60's big band and
small group West Coast recordings like Bill Holman, Art Pepper, Marty Paich,
Dave Pell and hundreds of other band leaders. He was very proficient on
tenor sax and I believe he also might have played some string bass, also. At
one time, he was a clarinetist in the Utah Symphony.

Rest in Peace, Bob!

Denny Seifried
Bass Trombone-Springfield (OH) Symphony & Dayton Jazz Orchestra
Adjunct Trombone-Wittenberg Univ. Dept. of Music
Forum Moderator-Online Trombone Journal Forum (http://forum.trombone.org