[Trombone-l] fictional account

Chris Tune crtune at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 19 13:46:58 CST 2005

MTC:  Sometimes I've felt as if I'd LIKE to hit a trumpet player in that
spot right behind the ear, where you can instantly kill them. . .BUT they
are usually behind the trombone section or next to them (maybe that's why
they set the groups up that way!). . .all I've got in the way of targets are
spindly, geeky woodwind players who don't have the truly obnoxious aspect of
a really loud trumpeter clamming and botching lick after lick after lick.
The saxes are just kinda out of tune.

MEDIA:
Boy!  The Weekly World News should be inducted into the Mainstream Media
"Hall of Fame" . . .it seems that only WWN are steadfastly revealing all
these alien invasion plots, half-human canibal tribes, and other important
stories that no-one else will carry (I'd doff my hat to them, but I MUST
keep the tin-foil over my brain).

I'm sure that their journalist staff can be proud of the fact that these
stories are moving people's opinion. . .despite being "made-up", fictional,
pipe-dreams. Perhaps the better, more subtle staff are recruited to work at
the Washington Post, or the New York Times. . .where extra subtletly is
required in your lying . "Position" and "ommssion" are extra-special
obfuscation techniques used by the MSM--current example-almost entirely
ommitting any continuing story about THREE WEEKS of rioting in France and
western Europe. . .the SIN of ommission!.  Perhaps they can point proudly to
their excellent article below the fold in the back of section two. . .
.while some piece which, in essence, furthers some agenda of their own, is
above the fold on page ONE!

I hate to point this out to reporters when I meet them, but the internet
(Google News for example) has changed that a LOT.  And now, when
internet-saavy news fans read a MSM paper they ask themselves--". .why the
heck is THIS story given such a prominent place?"   Because the internet
news fan sees news based upon the main stories as brought up by a largely
automated process. Search engines are not known to do political "filtering"
(at least the more fully automatic ones).

I'm going to go play "When the Saints Go Marching In. . "

Hope we all have a great Thanksgiving.
Chris Tune