[Trombone-l] fictional account

Chris Tune crtune at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 19 13:46:58 CST 2005

MTC:  Sometimes I've felt as if I'd LIKE to hit a trumpet player in that
spot right behind the ear, where you can instantly kill them. . .BUT they
are usually behind the trombone section or next to them (maybe that's why
they set the groups up that way!). . .all I've got in the way of targets are
spindly, geeky woodwind players who don't have the truly obnoxious aspect of
a really loud trumpeter clamming and botching lick after lick after lick.
The saxes are just kinda out of tune.

Boy!  The Weekly World News should be inducted into the Mainstream Media
"Hall of Fame" . . .it seems that only WWN are steadfastly revealing all
these alien invasion plots, half-human canibal tribes, and other important
stories that no-one else will carry (I'd doff my hat to them, but I MUST
keep the tin-foil over my brain).

I'm sure that their journalist staff can be proud of the fact that these
stories are moving people's opinion. . .despite being "made-up", fictional,
pipe-dreams. Perhaps the better, more subtle staff are recruited to work at
the Washington Post, or the New York Times. . .where extra subtletly is
required in your lying . "Position" and "ommssion" are extra-special
obfuscation techniques used by the MSM--current example-almost entirely
ommitting any continuing story about THREE WEEKS of rioting in France and
western Europe. . .the SIN of ommission!.  Perhaps they can point proudly to
their excellent article below the fold in the back of section two. . .
.while some piece which, in essence, furthers some agenda of their own, is
above the fold on page ONE!

I hate to point this out to reporters when I meet them, but the internet
(Google News for example) has changed that a LOT.  And now, when
internet-saavy news fans read a MSM paper they ask themselves--". .why the
heck is THIS story given such a prominent place?"   Because the internet
news fan sees news based upon the main stories as brought up by a largely
automated process. Search engines are not known to do political "filtering"
(at least the more fully automatic ones).

I'm going to go play "When the Saints Go Marching In. . "

Hope we all have a great Thanksgiving.
Chris Tune