[Trombone-l] Teacher?

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Sat Nov 19 07:53:30 CST 2005

At 04:37 PM 11/18/2005, Earl Needham wrote:
>At 02:49 AM 11/17/2005, Charles Levine wrote:
>>Who was the best teacher you ever had?  Why?
>
>         Experience.
>
>         That's the only one I ever listened to enough, sad to say.
>
>         Earl

         All kidding aside, there is one teacher I had that really stands
out in my memory -- Joseph Bellamah.  He was a trumpet player, but he
taught all of us so much about phrasing, subdividing, and dynamics.  When I
knew him, he was band director at Texas A&I University in Kingsville,
Texas, also directing the jazz ensemble and teaching privately.  I think he
also had some classroom time, but that's a little fuzzy after 30 years!

         See:

         http://www.tamuk.edu/music/faculty/Bellamah/index.shtml

         http://www.tmea.org/061_PBM/HOF/html/054_Bellamah.htm

         http://www.tamuk.edu/news/archive/arch98/october/jalisco.html

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk

Looking for one MasterMobile 20-meter coil (might say "Davis Electronics" on it)