[Trombone-l] your choice (Slide H.)

George Carr georgecarr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:07:40 CST 2005

> The sound is very dark, as in addition to the big horn he also plays
> with the mike way in the bell. He can still range way up there.

Slide still sounds great - I played with the World of Trombones when
they were in Cleveland two Christmases ago, and he was amazing.  He
likes to be able to hear himself over the loud ensemble parts, though,
so he used a serious mike/monitor system on that gig, too.

> A faculty
> guest artist (Brad Goode, trumpet) performed as well and his sound improved
> to me when he stepped back from the microphone to let it rip.

Wow - Brad lived in Cleveland for many years, and we worked together
in Ernie Krivda's big band.  I thought he'd moved to Cincinnati, so
his working at Colorado U. is news to me.  Thanks for mentioning him.

George