[Trombone-l] your choice

George Carr georgecarr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:46:19 CST 2005

> It's a screwed up business
> and our culture has headed in some not so good directions.  We're a nation
> of consumers of crap.
> Don't take it personally, just continue to be you and make good music from
> your heart, for yourself.

Artie Shaw had it right when he quit the biz back in '54: Nobody makes
money off good records: people buy a good record, they don't go back
to shop for anything else.  Everybody makes money off bad records:
everybody contributing to it gets a piece of change, and the buyer
goes right back to the record store to find something better.

George