[Trombone-l] your choice

dslide13 at aol.com dslide13 at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 16:22:26 CST 2005

I guess the initial query is interesting, but I wonder how JJ or Urbie
would have answered a question like this. It seems to me from my
personal and historical vantage point, that all the people you've
mentioned were striving to do something that hadn't previously been
achieved. Isn't that what most of our icons share? All of the people
you mentioned have influenced me directly, or through
recordings,etc...but I respectfully choose to be me and find what I
have that makes me unique. It's not a profitable decision, but at least
I get to make honest music that no one cares to hear.

 David Gibson
 trombonist/educator
 www.jazzbone.org