[Trombone-l] Singing trombonists

Daryl Burch darylburch at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 14 14:01:30 CST 2005

Ya, I just listened to that recording of "Margie". What a swingin'
band! Nice, sultry singing voice. And his playing sound had a little
bit of brash bite to it that was cool. At least on the particular
recording I listened to, the whole bone section played with that bite
to their sound. Love that! It's a little in your face and solid.

Trummy has definitely been overlooked. Thanks for all the back story on
him. I didn't know a lot of that. I just knew him from listening to the
Armstrong & Lunceford recordings.

..my $0.02 anyway.

-D-
www.radionoise.com