[Trombone-l] your choice

George Carr georgecarr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 19:28:20 CST 2005

He sang a track or two on each of his solo albums: check out this
guy's list for good examples:
http://tinyurl.com/b5yeq (amazon.com)

Also, the Bethlehem box set of Porgy and Bess (in which Frank sings
and is in the cast, plus plays in the backing band) has finally been
re-issued on CD; definitely worth picking up.  He turns a minor
Gershwin gem ("It Takes a Long Pull to Get There") into an
unforgettable piece.

George