[Trombone-l] your choice

Jay Heltzer jhfloyd at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 13 18:51:33 CST 2005

Well, even though I am a bass player, I would pick JJ out of all four.  He
was the first great player I ever heard, and boy did he set the bar high.
It was easy to compare everyone else to him, since he established great
sound, great musicality, and great technique right from the get go.

As much as I admire Dave Taylor for his creativity, innovation, and the
modern presence he has given the instrument, I still love where it all came
from:  Mr. Bass Trombone himself.

Jay