[Trombone-l] Trombone teacher needed - L.A., less strange

Alisha Ard alishamarie at mail.ru
Fri Nov 11 12:05:46 CST 2005

I recently moved to L.A. and started looking for students.  I found one interested party, but after talking to him on the phone (I've never met him) decided not to take him on for various reasons.  He was disappointed and asked for referrals.  Unfortunately I don't have many in the area to offer, so I thought I'd offer it up to the list.

He says he is a Berklee College of Music graduate in contemporary composition or some such major, and that his instrument was piano, although he can't read music while he's playing (??).  He's never played trombone before, but wants to learn to play like funk/jazz styles.  Oh, AND he doesn't have a trombone to play on.

I dunno.  If interested, send me an email and I'll forward it on to him.

Alisha