[Trombone-l] For Sale

Daniel Pliskin daniel_pliskin at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:16:31 CST 2005

>Me? A neophyte?
>
>Oh, come on, Daniel...
>
>You must've been off eBay for a while now if you've not been
>tempted by a brand-new, $50,  Buy-It-Now  Chinese Bass trombone
>with a $400 or so "standard flat rate" shipping charge.
>
>But, oh yeah, I'd forgotten:
>
>( ;^>)
>
>You've already got your Chinese trombone, right?

In this day and age, one rarely finds things that have not been compromised,
diluted in order to save a penny here and a nickel there.  My Chinese
trombone is one of those rare exceptions.  On those occasions when I get to
play it, I can’t help but wonder how they how they managed to retain such a
“purity” in their use of materials and in the workmanship that went into
this instrument.  For those of you that don’t know me, let me explain, that
this trombone is the purist of “fertilizer”, to put it mildly.  And as soon
as I get the new deck in, this trombone will make a fine hanging planter.

DanP