[Trombone-l] FW: Trombone teacher needed; strange

Chris Dearth mr.dearthian at verizon.net
Wed Nov 9 16:30:25 CST 2005

Fellow trombone listers,

Got a weird email today on my Hotmail account.  Thought it was a very odd
email.  Smells like some sort of scam.  I removed the persons name in case
it¹s a real person (I don¹t really think it is).  Personally, it stinks of
some sort of email scam you find from various African countries.

Here¹s the message

 >Good day to you over there,i am Mr ***** ******
 >from Las Vegas ,Nevada I need a Music tutor for my
 >daughter (John), i got your advert while surfing
 >through the internet and i really want my child to be
  >taught by you.John is 16 year old and easily catch
 >up.Although,i understand you are in (WV} but i've
 >arranged with my cousin sister living there that
 >my son is coming to stay with her for his period of
 >tutoring and she had agreed with me,.I
 >want you to get back to me with following details:
 >1)your present residence address and telephone
 >2)total cost of tutoring for  1 months(2 hours
 >per day)
 >3)your years of teaching experience.
 >Payment via cashier's check or money order,looking
 >forward to hearing from you soonest.

------ End of Forwarded Message

Tell me what you think folks.

Chris Dearth
Principal Trombone, West Virginia Symphony
Adjunct Instructor, West Virginia Wesleyan