[Trombone-l] Difference?

Richardson, Timothy Mr. DAC USAG Franconia DPW ERMD timothy.a.richardson at us.army.mil
Wed Nov 9 01:57:06 CST 2005

From: Lisa & Patrick Bates [mailto:plbates at netrover.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:15
To: Trombone-L
Subject: Re: [Trombone-l] Difference?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richardson, Timothy Mr. DAC USAG Franconia DPW ERMD"
<timothy.a.richardson at us.army.mil>
To: "Trombone-L" <trombone-l at server5.samford.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 1:59 AM

> While the pro may take jobs he'd rather not, sometimes the amateur will
take
> jobs he *should* not!  <grin>

Sounds like the time I said "yes" when one of the local high schools didn't
have a bone player that could play a show, "west side story". Still didn't
have one that could play all of it after I agreed to help out !(shrug) While
I was  comfortable on the majority of the music (1st book and bassoon book)
There was a couple of things I never did play right, even on closing night!
What do you do when there's no one else around??? I'm the closest thing
they've got to "competent", without paying a fortune to bring someone in
from at least an hour's drive away, and they can't come up with gas money,
never mind pay wages!

Patrick