[Trombone-l] more about buckets - make your own

Mikel K. Smith tbone at brassquintet.net
Tue Nov 8 09:28:37 CST 2005

Personally, I yearn for more sex, and to learn how to doodletounge better.
Matching mutes would be nice, but not really high on my agenda... from the
audience's viewpoint, I doubt it makes a difference, unless someone thinks
the red ends on the H&B's just don't make same the fashion statement as
aluminum JoRals
I can't say I've ever been in a section where everyone's mutes were the
same, and since I'm playing in three bands regularly - and subbing in a
couple more, I'd conceivably have to have one each of every major brand of
mute to make that happen.  Ain't gonna happen.
Mikel