[Trombone-l] more about buckets - make your own

Adrian Drover slide.rule at adios.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 01:50:16 CST 2005

From: "Wayne Dyess" <TexasTbone at gt.rr.com>

> I gotta tell ya, I am not one of those Jo-Ral fans.  I had to look before
> I commented.  I have one of those gosh-awful things.  I HATE the sound...
> I hate the look... I hate the feel.

I have to agree.  I don't have one.  I hope I never have to buy one.  The
younger guys seem to be buying these awful things.  They just don't sound
like a bucket mute.  I'm still using my hand made Peter Gane (London) mutes.
Beautiful to play.  In tune.  Feel nice.  Sound nice.  Well made to last a
lifetime if you treat them right.  The bucket fits inside the bell.  None of
those awful clips to fiddle with.  Are these mutes still available?

A.

Adrian Drover
ADIOS, Scotland www.adios.co.uk
Personal email: adrian at adios.co.uk