[Trombone-l] Difference?

dslide13 at aol.com dslide13 at aol.com
Mon Nov 7 21:01:22 CST 2005

You can only be who you are.  And the fact that you ARE a trombonist
and a musician versed in the genres you perform prevents you from being
the rock musician you financially envy.  The TRUTH is that those people
are who they are and you are who you are.  If you tried to write those
tunes and perform them convincingly, I would imagine that people would
know that you were being dishonest.

I had a philosophy professor in college who used to always quote the
"classic" question:  "Is it better to be a human being and be unhappy,
or be a pig and be happy?"....or something to that effect.  It's been a
minute or two since I was in college.

David Gibson
trombonist/educator
www.jazzbone.org