[Trombone-l] re: Difference....

Matt Litwaitis mattlit at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 7 18:21:31 CST 2005

Sometime back, (about ten years back)  I was sitting in a coffee shop in La Jolla (CA) with Lloyd Ulyate & listening to Geroge Roberts do his Sunday afternoon gig when Lloyd leaned over and said "Matt, do you know the difference between a pro and an amatuer trombone player?"

Since I'd finally become accustomed to Lloyd's wry sense of humor, I answered back "No. What is it?"

He looked at me with that deadpan look of his and answered "The pro KNOWS when he sucks!"

I still double up whenever I remember it.

Regards to all,
Matt Litwaitis
mattlit at adelphia.net