[Trombone-l] more about buckets - make your own

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Mon Nov 7 14:49:28 CST 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Mikel K. Smith wrote:

> Speaking of gig bags, I've been using a plumber's canvas tool bag - these
> things make great gig bags.  They have the 'satchel' type top opening that
> stays open so it's easy to grab stuff during a gig, and a dozen or so small
> pockets around both the inside and outside of the bag, great for a the
> little stuff that gets lost in the bottom the bag otherwise.  Works a lot
> better than the gym duffel I see most using.

    Same here, specifically the Gatemouth Longboy, from BucketBoss.  It
will hold my bass bone mutes (JoRal bucket, cup and straight), plunger,
plus stand light inside.  My trombone stand will strap on the outside,
where you'd usually attach a level.  Pockets, galore.  Get 'em at Sears,
Lowes, etc.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
The Dixie Lion Jazz Band		http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html