[Trombone-l] Conn 72H & Remington Mouthpiece

Charles De Paolo chuck at hickeys.com
Mon Nov 7 12:01:23 CST 2005

Anyone ever hear of either of the following:

(a) Conn 72H bass trombone with Remington taper. This would be a 1950's vintage horn.

(b) a "Remington" mouthpiece that was suitable for bass trombone (e.g. a 1.5G cup with a Remington tapered shank and perhaps a Remington (external) profile?

I have a customer with an old 72H that appears to have a Remington receiver.  I may be displaying my ignorance, but I have never heard of a Conn bass trombone with a Remington receiver.  Of course the 8H and 88H's are well know to have been made this way until the mid 1970's or thereabouts.  But the old basses too?

Anyone have any clues?

---Chuck