[Trombone-l] dg talks equipment???

Chris Tune crtune at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 6 18:59:48 CST 2005

Barry you are not that lonely at all.  I'm only able to play on one of the
following three horns:

King 2B
Conn 6H
Bach 16M

Right now its mainly the Bach because I like the lower weight of the horn,
and the lightweight slide.  I kinda prefer the tone of the other two, with
the King being the right mix of sounds and the Conn being kinda "crisp",
which I like for jazz.

I may have the Conn slide lightened. . .Sandhagen keeps eyeing the thing
every time I bring it around. . .and he starts talking about how easy it is
to lighten a slide.

Mouthpiece now is Chocolatero from G&W.

Wayne:  Woudja believe?  I started on a Conn 4H (vintage probably mid
fifties).  I'm sorry I got rid of that.  Bell was tiny but not the tone.  It
was rich and dark.  Yes!  Dark even in a sub-.500 bore horn.  Really nice
resonant build and proper design was probably responsible.

Chris