[Trombone-l] Bucket mutes

Raymond Horton rayhorton at insightbb.com
Sun Nov 6 09:23:34 CST 2005

H & B: I've seen too many of these that get to be a few years old in
which the clips pop right off.  One was still in stock in a music
store.  (Hasn't anyone else witnessed bucket clip fatigue?)

Ira Nepus Soft Tone--  These are amazingly versitile.  Put it all the
way over your bell for a great warm up mute - this takes a minute.  For
a bucket - only drape it part way over the bell (I disagree with Denny -
this can be done pretty quickly, I find).  And I use it to put on the
floor under my straight mute so I don't make noise on quick changes,
too!  I've also crumpled it my hand and used it when I forgot a plunger
- not bad at all.

Jo-Ral: unique sound, weighs a ton.