[Trombone-l] dg talks equipment???

thetubameister at adelphia.net thetubameister at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 5 20:37:03 CST 2005

 I'm holding on to two 5B bells, as the 5B is one of my favorites, and having a valve bore match the slide bore works well for me.

I once built for myself a "5B+", the first time a second trombone gig presented itself.  I used a 6B slide on the 5B bell - %$#@ awsome!

The 4B - BTW - is an excellent instrument as well.  I have a bell section for that too.  My quintet trombonist is a 5B player, and I'm in a historically King/Benge town - Cleveland.  I actually sold my Bach 42KDGM to get a 4B, only to run across a mutant 42 with a custom pipe which beat anything I'veever played.

Off the soapbox now :-)

J.c.S.