[Trombone-l] Bucket mutes

Eric Edwards eric at elsjledwards.net
Sat Nov 5 17:48:03 CST 2005

I've always used an H & B until about a year ago when I splurged for a
Jo-Ral.
At first it was pretty stuffy,  but then I experimented by pulling some of
the stuffing out.
Made a HUGE difference!
Still sounds like a bucket, but not stuffy.
I still carry my decrepit H&B,  that thing is a mess,  just in case I play
with a section that only has the H&B.
Also,  I modified mine to have only three mounting lugs instead of the four
it came with.
I use the technique Wayne described to mount it on my bell, works like a
charm!

Thanks
Eric