[Trombone-l] dg talks equipment???

Wayne Dyess TexasTbone at gt.rr.com
Sat Nov 5 11:49:39 CST 2005

On Nov 5, 2005, at 11:08 AM, Barry Green wrote:

> Maybe one day I'll be enough of a man to play a big horn like you guys,
> nah, probably too late for me but you guys sounds are beautiful.
> Signed,
> The lonely peashooter.

============
Ha!  Well, Barry -- you are not the ONLY peashootin' bone guy out
there.  Ha.

I know of myself and Ken Barnes to name but two.

I also play an 88H-SGX in our symphony and for brass quintet... but a
Bach 16M for my jazz work and for when I need a lighter sound.  I also
have a Bach 36 that gets used from time to time.

Then, for different gigs I also have at my disposal a Conn 6H and a
beautiful older 4H.  I don't play those as much, but only because of
their sad slides.  Otherwise, I love the tone from them both.  Ebay is
a wunnerful place...

Fun, dis trombonium stuff.
--Wayne Dyess

Dr. Wayne Dyess, Professor of Trombone
and Director of Jazz Studies
Lamar University Dept. of Music, Theatre & Dance
P. O. Box 10044
Beaumont, Texas  77710
409-880-8146
http://lamar.edu/