[Trombone-l] Bucket mutes

Chris Dearth mr.dearthian at verizon.net
Sat Nov 5 10:53:43 CST 2005

Jo-Ral, hands down.  I despise the clip system on the Humes and Berg.  I
used one of the H&B's in undergrad jazz band (before I knew about the JoRal
mutes; many, many moons ago).  Our director would do arrangements where you
would have 8 QUICK measures to get it on.  Uggh.  Sound was pretty good,
though.

As far as the sound of the JoRal, I don't really notice it as being stuffy.
I actually like the sound of the JoRal quite well.  Personally, I think the
only negative is cost.

I have no experience w/ the EZ Bucket, so no comment.

Chris Dearth
Principal Trombone, West Virginia Symphony
Adjunct Instructor, West Virginia Wesleyan