[Trombone-l] Bucket mutes

mpurdy at jwpepper.com mpurdy at jwpepper.com
Sat Nov 5 10:04:37 CST 2005

JoRal works for me.  I don't think mine sounds stuffy.  I have always
carried an equipment bag (one for tenor and one for bass) and have a size
that accommodates bucket, harmon, cup, straight, solo tone and other stuff
w/ room to spare.  But it took some time to figure out what order and
direction to pack to make everything fit and still be accessible (smile).

Mike

"Mikel K. Smith" <tbone at brassquintet.net>
Sent by: trombone-l-bounces at samford.edu
11/05/2005 11:05 AM

<TROMBONE-L at server5.samford.edu>
cc

Subject
[Trombone-l] Bucket mutes

I'm mute shopping, and curious as to other's opinions on the various
buckets
out there - I've yet to be happy with anything I've tried.  FWIW it's
worth,
my opinions on what I've used:

Humes and Berg:  Plus:  Sounds good, well made.  Negative: takes somewhere
between 16 measures and a week to get on your bell, and you need a
different
one for every size bell you use.
JoRal: Plus: Indestructible, fits a range of bell sizes.  Negative: Sounds
stuffy, takes up a lot of room in the gig bag.
EZ Bucket:  Plus: Sounds good, easy to use.  Negative:  Plastic that
breaks
easily, especially the bell clips, and only fits one bell size.
Softone:  .  Plus: Indestructible, easy to put on/take off, will fit a
narrow range of bell sizes. Negative: Sounds like you have a sock in your
bell.

Mikel