[Trombone-l] dg talks equipment???

dslide13 at aol.com dslide13 at aol.com
Thu Nov 3 10:17:27 CST 2005

A student of mine recently picked up a 1970 King 4B from the Eastlake
factory.  After a few minutes playing this horn, I fell for it.  He was
so surprised at my reaction that he suggested he leave it with me for a
couple of weeks.  Now I realize that he's a pusher.  He came by for his
lesson and took the horn back with him to try himself.  I knew it would
happen soon enough, but man I miss that horn.

What did they do at this Eastlake factory to make the horns so great?
It played so evenly throughout the registers, and responded with so
much clarity.  I have a really good 4B that I've played for years, but
this horn made it feel average.  I've been careful not to say this in
front of the horn.

David Gibson